Sunday, February 12, 2006

Say Hello to Ming

Maxime's birthday is coming up and I've been promising him a cat since we now live in a house with a yard (the condition upon which owning a cat depended for the last 2 years). Yesterday was the open house for Feline Friends - a non-profit affair that rescues cats and puts them up for adoption.
We went and picked out Ming, a 4 month old, calico tabby that had been hit by a car.

After about 3 descriptions in front of the cat's cages, I stopped reading them out loud because they were too depressing and Antoine wanted to take home ALL the cats.

Anyway - we made an excellent choice because Ming is a lap cat - that's all she wants to do is sit on someone's lap and be cuddled.

The kids are thrilled and can't wait to get home to play. I never thought I'd be taking pictures of cats and posting them on the web - but here I am!! I promise there won't be too many.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwe! That's so adorable!!! My mother's side of the family always has a cat, they count to more than 12 now ever since she was a small girl!

Paris Lights said...

I'm glad that somebody loves cats, and I'm so pleased that Antoine and Maxime are excited about having one.
Personally all I can do is kill interior living things. Not pets, fortunately, but Annie your ficus is saying its final prayers these days....! I'm trying my best to resuscitate it but it seems to be terminal.
Sorry!
Ruth
xx

Anonymous said...

OK, great. So now you can submit some photos for display on the Cute Overload - Cats 'n' Racks category :)