Sunday, January 29, 2006

January 9, 2006 - First Day in Do Buy

To document my family's move to Dubai, I started a blog and this is my first entry which i'm writing off line - National Mourning + holiday = no getting internet till Saturday earliest. My neighbors did not have the courtesy of getting a decent WIFI antenna either. So who knows when this'll get posted.
So, with the exception of a table, four chairs and a bed in 3 of the 5 bedrooms - the house is empty.
We arrived at 2 am local time this morning and woke up around 10. Went shopping - that's what you do in "do buy." The kitchen is stocked. The kids begged to go to the pool all day and poor things got dragged through a shopping mall instead. Antoine showed his discontent by vomiting on me. Not an easy thing to manage with a limited amount of towels on hand.

No comments: