Sunday, October 26, 2008

GoodBye Dubai, Hello Hanoi

OH MY LORD... I cannot believe that it has been almost a year since my last entry. The past year in Dubai has been marked by many things, but little did I know that it would be my last. We are moving our expatriate adventure from the middle east to the far east. Just a little further and I'll be back home.

First, saying goodbye to Dubai was for the most part saying goodbye to great friends, and my brand new Ford Explorer... sniff sniff. We bought it in March 2008 and sold it in October. The first and probably last brand new car I will ever own.

But enough with the materialistic, mega shopping, biggest, best and most expensive mentality (not to mention the "screw the environment" attitude).

We will be immersed in the ancient history, culture and natural surroundings of Hanoi. Well, sort of.

Absolutely every single person to whom I announced our new move said "Wow, it is so beautiful there." - "Oh really? Have you been?" Some had, some hadn't, but they were all in agreement. It will be an exciting adventure and a beautiful new place to discover.

I'll keep you all posted as to whether this is true.

No comments: