Wednesday, July 12, 2006

La France Profonde

After a week in the northern part of France (Amiens and Paris), we took a train to the center, Auvergne. Amid the dormant volcanoes, we explored ruins of Chateaux and Antoine discovered the weight of a midevil head armour.

France ended up losing the World cup to the Italians, but we consoled ourselves with the beauty of the scenery. In Auvergne there is a chateau or the ruins of one on every hill top.
We even trekked through some of these hills with the help of Seb, our friend and trusty guide. We're not quite lost here, but just making sure we're on the right path. The kids were very proud of their 3 hour hike and we're hoping that they are willing to renew the experience. Philippe finally met up with us in Auvergne and we are very happy to start our family vacation. Next stop, le Creusot to see old friends of Philippe's and another one of France's many different regions.
 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

LJensen said...

Hi Annie,
This is your cousin from Louisiana, Lynette. My parents went to visit your parents ( and watch Pat on her horses)and your mom gave my mom your blog. It is nice to catch up on distant family this way. I bloged my recent trip to my husband,Benny's native country, Denmark, now I'll have to keep it up to date, now that we are at home.
Loved seeing your boys!
Lynette
PS
I'm working on my masters at LSU...It might take me 5 years to finish since I live 100 miles away from Baton Rouge, But I'll do it!

LJensen said...

Oh...My blog did not post some how....here it is...
http://www.frujensen.blogspot.com/

Lynette

Paris Lights said...

Hey! Where are you? Looking forward to hearing some news soon!
If you're around in Paris this weekend (which you're probably not) I'm having some people from choir over on Sunday evening. Would LOVE to see you!
R
xxx

Anonymous said...

Ben, passer si près de Tonton Bernard et pas lui dire bonjour, même s'il était certainement TRES occupé par la coupe du monde, ça lui sera répété amplifié et déformé!!!
Génial ce blog, on en apprend + sur vous que lorsque vous étiez en France...
Bises des Strasbourgeois,
Clo, Christophe et les AJT